Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

For the Love of Books

The Snowman: I didn't know this was part of a series (I think the seventh).  I didn't feel lost in it at all, but maybe that is why I didn't love it.  It was a good story and I liked the characters, but I never got engrossed in the story.  It is a bit creepy, and if you read it alone you could be come a little paranoid, but I like those kinds of books.  Have any of you read this whole series?  Is it worth a try?  

The Fault In Our Stars: My sister-in-law recommended this book to me (thank you). She didn't tell me to keep tissues close and be ready to cry like a baby... a little warning might have been nice!  It is beautifully written and John Green does an amazing job at pulling you into the story and all of its beautiful emotion. You instantly fall in love with the characters and must know what happens. I highly recommend you read it, I loved it. I finished it in about two hours... I couldn't put it down.

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac: I thought I should give this book a try since I really enjoyed Elsewhere and All These Things I've Done.  She did it again.. pulled you into a world and made it seem like you were right there with the characters. Falling in love, feeling lost and cheering for the underdog. I enjoy her writing style a lot and you should add her books to your to read list!

What have you been reading? 
~Charlie

We can also be friends on goodreads!

1 comments:

  1. I just started Perks of Being a Wallflower today on lunch and I'm hooked. There are many quotes that have struck a chord with me already and I'm still in part 1. :)

    ReplyDelete