Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

For the Love of Books

I picked both of these up at the library, purely based on the covers alone. That's what I do when I go to the library with no idea what I want to read next (which is often). 

Twenty Boy Summer
I felt like I should have had my toes in the sand while reading this book.  It is definitely an easy summer read... filled with love, loss, and teenage drama.  What more could you want?  I gave this book 3 stars on goodreads because I did like it, but it was pretty predictable.  If you are looking for an easy but entertaining read, this is a good one! If you want to read a synopsis of the book, click here!

All These Things I've Done
I have been getting more into the dystopian genre and I believe this book would qualify... if not, it is a book set in the future :).  I struggled through the first half of this book.  I thought that I may not even finish it, and with two chapters left, I thought I had made up my mind that I didn't care for it.  It wasn't until the last page of the last chapter that I got hooked, and I now I am very eager to read the sequel. I don't know how the writer did it... I just hope that I don't have to get to end of the sequel to love it.  You can find a synopsis here

Have you read anything good?? Please let me know because I am in need of books to read :).  Also, find me on goodreads!

~Charlie

1 comments:

  1. Good call on All These Things I've Done. I've read an advanced reader's copy of the sequel and it's great.
    I really love your blog.

    ReplyDelete