Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

For the Love of Books


It has been a bit too long since I have done one of these posts.  I've still been reading... just forgot to share. I have read quite a few books since the last time I shared, but I thought I would start with these.  I really enjoyed all of them!

Elsewhere: I thought it was beautifully written, and at times, funny.  This is the second book I have read by Gabrielle Zevin, and I really enjoyed it.  She makes you fall in love with the characters, and even though the ending is beautifully done, you don't want to say goodbye (you know I love getting attached to characters).  She does such a good job at pulling you into the book that I felt like I was right there with them. I really liked it and think you should make room for it on your reading list. Click here for an excerpt.

Room: I enjoyed this book, but it may have been the criminal justice major in me.  Parts of this book are very disturbing and hard to read, let alone imagine. It is at points heartbreaking, and I think it is the reality of the subject that makes it so hard (kidnapping). Click here for an excerpt.

Imaginary Girls: I felt like this book was slow to start. I knew all along that something paranormal was going to happen... it just took a long time to get there.  Once it did, it was a creepily beautiful story and I really liked it. Click here for an excerpt.

~Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment