Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

50 in 2014

*/*/*
Dexter is Delicious - I am not sure why I am continuing to read this series. I guess it is just because I hope that it could be good again. This book was ok... but just ok. If I wasn't listening to it while I sew, I wouldn't be able to finish it.
Dexter Morgan's happy homicidal life is undergoing some major changes. He's always live by a single golden rule - he kills only people who deserve it. But the Miami blood-spatter analyst has recently become a daddy - to an eight-pound curiosity named Lily Anne - and strangely, Dex's dark urges seem to have left him. Is he ready to become an overprotective father? To pick up soft teddy bears instead of his trusty knife, duct tape, and fishing wire? What's a serial killer to do? (excerpt from goodreads)
The Whole Stupid Way We Are - This book... THIS BOOK... It stays with you. When I finished it, I was so mad about the lack of information that I felt like I wasted my time getting to know these characters. Then, for the next week or so, they just stuck with me. I would wander off in thought thinking about Skint. Bravo N. Griffin, I love books that linger! 
It’s Maine. It’s winter. And it’s FREEZING STINKIN’ COLD! Dinah is wildly worried about her best friend, Skint. He won’t wear a coat. Refuses to wear a coat. It’s twelve degrees out, and he won’t wear a coat. So Dinah’s going to figure out how to help. That’s what Dinah does—she helps. But she’s too busy trying to help to notice that sometimes, she’s doing more harm than good. Seeing the trees instead of the forest? That’s Dinah. And Skint isn’t going to be the one to tell her. He’s got his own problems. He’s worried about a little boy whose dad won’t let him visit his mom. He’s worried about an elderly couple in a too-cold house down the street.
But the wedge between what drives Dinah and what concerns Skint is wide enough for a big old slab of ice. Because Skint’s own father is in trouble. Because Skint’s mother refuses to ask for help even though she’s at her breaking point. And because Dinah might just decide to…help. She thinks she’s cracking through a sheet of ice, but what’s actually there is an entire iceberg. (excerpt from goodreads)
Shiver - This book has been on my to-read list for some time. I was nervous to read another book about wolves, which was a stupid concern. Maggie Stiefvater did a beautiful job coming up with her own version of a wolf and did an even better job weaving in a love story. It is beautiful, and not like Twilight in my opinion. I loved it, and I can't wait to read the next two!
Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human—or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever. (excerpt from goodreads)
Have you read any of these? Do you plan to? What are you reading? I love book recommendations!

Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment