Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

50 in 2014

*/*/*
The challenge continues! If you missed my first 3 books, check here. With the continued bitter cold I have used it as an opportunity to read as many books as I can before it warms up. I know when summer gets here I will be distracted by the sun!

Dexter by Design (#4) - Even though this book did not live up to the previous ones (in my opinion of course), the tourist attraction angle kept me giggling... so cliche and so true! I think I am beginning to see why at a certain point the TV show decided to stray from the books. I am trying to forget the Dexter on TV and learn to like the Dexter in the books and so I hope 5 grabs my attention a bit more!
After his surprisingly glorious honeymoon in Paris, life is almost normal for Dexter Morgan. Married life seems to agree with him: he’s devoted to his bride, his stomach is full, and his homicidal hobbies are nicely under control. But old habits die hard--and Dexter’s work as a blood spatter analyst never fails to offer new temptations that appeal to his offbeat sense of justice...and his Dark Passenger still waits to hunt with him in the moonlight. (excerpt from goodreads)
Dare Me - Who knew there where such an ugly side to high school cheerleaders?! I know teen girls can be mean and full of angst, but this book took it to a whole different level. It left me with the "what the cuss did I just read" feeling. I will warn you that the dialogue in this book is at times a bit profane, because you know high school girls.
Addy Hanlon has always been Beth Cassidy's best friend and trusted lieutenant. Beth calls the shots and Addy carries them out, a long-established order of things that has brought them to the pinnacle of their high-school careers. Now they're seniors who rule the intensely competitive cheer squad, feared and followed by the other girls -- until the young new coach arrives. (excerpt from goodreads)
Every Day - I liked this book, but I by no means loved it. At times it felt long winded, but it did still leave me questioning a lot of things. I guess maybe the best thing to say is that it was frustrating and reminded me of the TV show Quantum Leap. I did enjoy the love story that is wrapped in there and the narrator's struggle with attempting to do the right thing. I guess I am still a bit undecided, because even though I didn't love it, it has stuck with me.
There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere. (excerpt from goodreads)
What have you been reading?

Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment