Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

50 in 2014

Every year, I challenge myself to read a certain number of books. In the past, I have chosen 100. I would get close, and have fun trying, but I never made it all the way. With that in mind, I picked 50 this year so that it would be 100% attainable... I imagine it will be way more fun to exceed my goal than chase it!
Eleanor and Park - I loved this book! I laughed, I cried, it broke my heart, and it made me happy. Who doesn't want to read an epic love story?
TWO MISFITS. ONE EXTRAORDINARY LOVE. 
It's 1986 and two star-crossed teens are smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you'll remember your own first love--and just how hard it pulled you under.

 A cross between the iconic '80s movie Sixteen Candles and the classic coming-of-age novel Looking for Alaska, Eleanor & Park is a brilliantly written young adult novel. (excerpt from goodreads)
The Future of Us - This book was just fun. It was a cute take on science fiction/time travel and was a very quick read. I really really enjoyed it... I think I smiled the whole time! If you're looking for a light-hearted read with a underlying love story, give it try!
It's 1996, and Josh and Emma have been neighbors their whole lives. They've been best friends almost as long - at least, up until last November, when Josh did something that changed everything. Things have been weird between them ever since, but when Josh's family gets a free AOL CD in the mail,his mom makes him bring it over so that Emma can install it on her new computer. When they sign on, they're automatically logged onto their Facebook pages. But Facebook hasn't been invented yet. And they're looking at themselves fifteen years in the future. (excerpt from goodreads)
Fragile - I love the mystery/suspense genre and I surprised myself by not enjoying this book. I finished it because it wasn't bad and I was really hoping for a big twist. This does appear to be the first book in a series to come, but I'm not sure I will be reading the others when they come out. If you have read this, I would love to hear what you thought.
Everybody knows everybody in The Hollows, a quaint, charming town outside of New York City. It’s a place where neighbors keep an eye on each other’s kids, where people say hello in the grocery store, and where high school cliques and antics are never quite forgotten. As a kid, Maggie found the microscope of small town life stifling. But as a wife and mother, she’s happily returned to The Hollows’ insular embrace. As a psychologist, her knowledge of family histories provides powerful insights into her patients’ lives. So when the girlfriend of her teenage son Rick disappears, Maggie’s intuitive gift proves useful to the case – and also dangerous. (excerpt from goodreads)
What have you been reading?  Is anyone else excited for sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Hollow City? If you want to keep up with what I am currently reading, follow me on goodreads!

Charlie



0 comments:

Post a Comment