Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

DIY Felt Mouse for Kitty

Making kitty toys is on my 28 before 29 list, and I thought maybe some of the other kitty moms would like to know how I did it!

You will need:
Felt
Embroidery floss
String for the tail
Catnip
12' wood dowel
Glue
2 inch circle pattern (bottom of a cup)
Basic sewing supplies

If you don't know how to do a blanket stitch, I used this tutorial.

Ernie definitely approves! He loves smaller toys that he can hold onto and I also made one without a stick so he could carry it up and down the stairs.

Let me know if you make one... I'd love to know how much your kitty enjoyed it!
~Charlie


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this! My cat has this toy we got him with a little felt mouse attached to it and he absolutely loves it! This will be great for when he needs a replacement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. I would make that for my pomeranean puppy. We think she's half cat. Her nick nane is Kitty Soft Paws.

    Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete