Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

For the Love of Books

*/*/*
I am not sure what genre to classify these books as... my guess is between romance and chick-lit. I do know that I have never really ventured into this type of book before, but I did say that this summer I wanted to dive into the type of books you would take to the beach. This series definitely qualifies. It has all the staples: forbidden love, tragedy, heart break, a male character you fall in love with and poetry. If I had a summer must-read list, this series would be at the top! They're page turning reads and I finished each book in a night. Yes, I stayed up way too late, but I couldn't put them down.

Slammed - (summary from goodreads).
Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.
Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.
Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.
The next two books go on from there. I promise, once you read the first one you will have no problem finishing the rest and falling in fictional love with Will Cooper! Colleen Hoover did an amazing job and I am thinking that I might read Hopeless by her next!

~Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment