Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

For The Love of Books

These were the last three books I read in 2012.
* * *
Sweethearts (Sara Zarr) - I enjoyed this book and it kept me intrigued. I really liked that it wasn't a cliché love story. I couldn't really anticipate what would happen, or what had happened to bring two of the characters so close. This was one of those books I started before bed and stayed up way too late to finish... totally worth it!

After (Amy Efaw) - This book just wasn't my cup of tea. I finished it, but I truly had to work at it... for some reason I wasn't longing to finish it.  It was heartbreaking and realistic, but I felt like more emotion could have been created around the topic. It felt kind of cold.

Stolen (Lucy Christopher) - A letter to her captor. A story told from the perspective of a taken 16 year old girl. This was truly moving and disturbing, but you had to go on. The writing was so descriptive that you felt like you were right there with her. The author sucks you right in and her emotions become your emotions. It was a twisted story of love and survival.

I know this is vague, but as always I don't want to ruin it for anyone. If you want to talk about any book, just email me. I love to talk books! Also... you are more than welcome to be my friend on goodreads!

~Charlie


0 comments:

Post a Comment