You will need:
48 inches of cotton webbing
Thread to coordinate with the cover
Scrap canvas (about 13x16)
8x12 Cardboard (I used a cereal box)
1. Turn your cover inside out. Flatten the corners opposite the zipper to create triangles. Be sure that the side seams and bottom seams align. Measure 3.5 inches from the point, and pin and sew. Do this at both ends.
2. Prepare the top by folding in the zipper about 1.5 inches. Pin in place and iron in the seam. Make sure the front and the back line up.
3. Make two 24 inch straps from the webbing. I used the zig zag stich at the bottom of each strap and added fray check to keep them from unraveling. Do this to both ends of each strap. Let them dry.
4. Use the scrap canvas to create a false bottom. Fold the canvas in half, right sides together, and sew around the two sides of the canvas leaving an opening to slip in the cardboard. Turn your rectangle inside right and slip in the cardboard. Now, fold in the ends at the opening to create a clean finish and sew.
5. To attach handles, measure 6.5 inches in from each side and pin and sew to the bag by making a 1 inch square with a diagonal to ensure sturdiness. Be sure not to sew on to the zipper!
6. Insert your false bottom and enjoy your new bag!!!
If anything was confusing, please let me know... and if you make one, I would love to see!