Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

My Closet Look Book - Style 4


It has been a very long time since I've done a Closet Look Book. (If you're not sure what I'm talking about, check out this post that explains why I do it.  If you'd like to see the few before this one, click here).  I took a break to really tackle my closet and to clean out all of the things I will never wear and figure out why.  If I was able to fix the problem, those things stayed.  If I wasn't able to fix it, it went to a new home!  I then created a list of things I needed to make my closet more functional and I shopped/thrifted from it to make my closet work better for me.  This has helped me a lot, but with the change in season, I've been stumped in front of the closet and have reverted back to old ways.  I thought the best way to snap out of this would be to force myself to finish what I started with my version of a look book.

A few weeks ago I thrifted this floral skirt.  It was too long for me (to the ankle), but that was a quick fix. With just a little hem this is my new favorite skirt!  It even has pockets (...I love pockets!).  Here are the outfits I've thought up for it so far.


1. Forever 21 tie-front blouse and Penny Loves Kenny flats from forever ago.  2. H&M striped button down, Old Navy sweater (buttons changed by me) and Steve Madden bow oxfords. 3. Gap boat neck t-shirt, Target sweater and Bass shoes. 4. Forever 21 ruffle-front blouse and sweater, Anne Klein flats.  

You may be thinking "It's summer and you are wearing sweaters?". I love sweaters... they're like my security blanket and I hate leaving the house without one.  I wore an outfit without one this weekend and I kept reaching for where it should have been the whole day... It was not fun! Anyone else feel naked without a cardigan/sweater?

~Charlie

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely feel naked without a cardigan, we still have some cook evenings and restaurants tend to get cold for me. I especially love the thin ones that are 3/4 sleeves. It's nice to know, I'm not alone in my cardi love.

    Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my cardigans! My favorite is a long-sleeved grey one I take with me everywhere. It's getting a little grungy, but I don't care! It goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete