Continuing this mini series where I attempt to cover some empty walls using only a little monies, I bring you idea number two... making a banner! I am doing my best to cover our bedroom, and the phrases continue... our bedroom wall may just end up being some kind of affirmation wall!
You will need:
Felt in 3 colors
Mini wooden rod
Sewing machine (optional)
A print out of your saying in a font you like.
1. Cut a piece of felt 10"x6".
2. Fold it in half.
3. Mark an angle of your choice and cut.
4. It should look something like this!
5. Fold down an inch and sew or glue.
6. Slide the rod through and attach the string to both ends with a double knot.
7. Now, decorate with your phrase. To create the letters, simply print our your phrase in a bold font that you like, cut out the letters, pin them to your felt and then cut again. Attach the letters using your favorite adhesive.
Now you have a cute banner to hang on your wall. I think I am going to make one for the door that says "Happy Easter". They're so simple to make and mine came together in under 30 minutes, so go gather your felt and make something fun for you walls!
If you missed the first part of this series click here.