Tuesday, March 4, 2014
5 Things I Do To Break Creative Ruts
1. Watch movies - For me, watching Because I Said So, Perks of Being a Wallflower, or Julie and Julia leaves me with a renewed urge to take on the world.
2. Take a class - I love learning, and taking online classes makes it so easy to learn a new skill or further another. If you have never taken an online class, take a look at Skillshare... they have a great variety of classes! Learning to create something new with tools you use everyday is a great way to help see the things around you in a new light!
3. Organize my work area - I don't know about you, but often my rut hits after I have made a craft explosion all over my work area and I have no idea what I have or where to begin. If I just take the time to give everything a place, I feel like anything is possible. I thrive on organization!
4. Change my view - Whether it is taking a walk outside or changing the way my desk faces, it helps. Not sure why, it just makes things look new!
5. Look back - I always keep notebooks, scraps of paper, and post-its with ideas, quotes and songs scrawled all over them. Looking back over these things leads to growing on old ideas or giving new life to ones I had given up on.
What do you do to break your creative ruts?