Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Navy and Bright

I know I just told you in the last post that my least favorite color was blue, but I did say unless it was navy! I love navy. Something about it is just beautiful and classic. I put together this mood board as inspiration for redoing the studio (or craft room... I never know which to call it). Figuring out paint colors has taken me way longer than it should. Even being someone who loves color, I would just stare at the paint chips and be completely uninspired. 

It wasn't until I saw this post and thought... oh, dark colors can be clean and bright. The plan is to paint one whole wall navy (I have a chair rail in my room, so top and bottom), and paint the other walls navy on the bottom and white on top. I am going to then add little accents of fluorescents and keep all my thread storage dark wood. I am excited to see it come to life. Now, to keep the chalkboard wall or not? Do you think going dark is a no-no for creative spaces? Tell me what you think!

Charlie


0 comments:

Post a Comment