Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

For the Love of Books

*/*/*
Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut
Why did I not read this sooner? Just go read the book... it is amazing and you will feel foolish if you put it off, so don't! It is hilarious and realistic and he just has a way of spinning serious things in a funny way... does that even make sense? I have no idea. If you have read it you understand, and if you haven't then you will!

Please Ignore Vera Dietz - A.S. King
This book is a heartbreaker. It is about loving and losing while being a teenager. The story is told from multiple perspectives, but mostly Vera's and it goes from past to present. I know that sounds like a lot, but it really helped you get to know the story and the characters. I really enjoyed getting to know Vera and her reasons for not wanting to tell the truth about her best friend. Yes, there is a bit of mystery tied up in this story and it will pull you through till the end. Here is a little teaser to get you hooked: “Is it okay to hate a dead kid? Even if you loved him once? Even if he was my best friend? Is it okay to hate him for being dead?”

The Gingerbread Girl - Stephen King
I listened to this book. It is super short (about two hours) and I really recommend it if you like realistic, suspense thriller type books. It wasn't like other King books where you find yourself too scared to turn the lights off. It is very much an I could see myself in this situation, it could happen to anyone type horror. I really don't want to give too much away since it is so short. Just give it a shot... you won't have wasted enough time to be disappointed, I promise.

Have you read these? What did you think?
~Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment