Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

For the Love of Books

*/*/*
Shine
I was initially intrigued by this book because it was mistakenly nominated as a finalist for the National Book Awards and pressured to withdraw. I am so glad I let this mixup intrigue me because this book was amazing (it helps that I have a soft spot for any book where the main character is a quiet loaner). The book deals with bigotry and how teens in the rural south deal with it, and it is balanced out with a thrilling mystery. If you like a good whodunnit mystery with a good side story, you should definitely give this a read.
“I loved everyone who said yes to the world and tried to make it better instead of worse, because so much in the world was ugly- and just about all the ugly parts were due to humans.”
I love this quote from the book. There were a million more I marked, but I thought maybe you would rather read the actual book!

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
We all have heard those stories in our families that just seem too unbelievable to be true. Well, this book is all about those stories and believing them just enough to see if they're really true. This book was so creepy and cute and I really did enjoy every minute of it. I had to know what was going to happen! It kept reminding me of Big Fish... anyone else get this feeling when reading it?  Anyways, I just heard there is going to be a #2 and I can't wait to see where it picks up.

Squirrel Seeks Chipmuck
I laughed so hard, I cried. This book is hilariously genius. Just read it... Seriously!

I'd love to hear what you think about these books... or if you plan on reading them? You can always follow me here to see what I am currently reading!
~Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment