Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

For the Love of Books

*/*/*
Hate List: READ IT! This book made me so sad and then so mad.  I wanted to punch the parents in the face and give Valerie a hug.  Yes this book is about a school shooting, but it is so much more.  It gets into the lives of the those impacted.  You are torn between seeing Valerie as a villain and as a hero... it is totally worth a read, I promise. 

Leftovers: This story confused me so badly in the beginning. The author just kind of jumps in and it takes a bit of reading to understand and get your bearings.  Even after I had my bearings I still thought this book might be a dud, but the ending completely saved it! It is told from the perspective of two best friends, Blair and Ardith, who have done something horrible in the name of love.  If that is intriguing to you, go ahead and give it a try... remember the ending makes it worth it. 

After: I did not love this book. I finished it, but it really just made me sad. It is about a teenager who abandons her newborn and it really was just not my cup of tea.  

Have you read any of these books? I would love to know what you thought. You can also follow me on goodreads.

~Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment