Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Books

Invisible - This book started out so normal and I kept wondering when I was going to get sucked in... what the hook was... and then, BOOM! I swear, he keeps you just intrigued enough and then drops the bomb, making you want to start reading it all over to see how you missed it in the first place! This was a super quick read and if you have a free afternoon I recommend it.

Beneath a Meth Moon - This story is beautifully told and not cliche. I don't have much to say because I don't want to give away what happens!

The Great Gatsby - This was a re-read. I hadn't read this book since high school, and I could barely even remember why I liked it.  It was totally worth the re-read... different things stuck out to me this time through, and I definitely learned a different lesson than I did in high school.

~Charlie

1 comments:

  1. I LOVED Gatsby in high school! We had to journal about each chapter and I did so with gusto! I actually had the name 'Gatsby' on my baby names list until news of the movie came out and squashed that idea. :(

    I'll have to reread it soon (before I catch the flick!) and see how it holds up.

    ReplyDelete