Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Scalloped Cone Tree DIY

'Twas the week before Christmas, and I was still DIYing decorations for the house... This one is super simple!

What you will need:
Foam cone (any size)
Plain straight pins (flat head)
Felt 1/2 yard
Scissors
Round object (to trace for scallop edge)
Yard stick
Marker
Beads

1. Cut 1 inch to 1-1/2 inch strips from the longest edge of your felt. It took me about six strips, but I had a tall (14 inch) cone.
2. Trace the scallop onto the felt using your round object (I used a roll of washi-tape).
3. Cut out your strips.
4. Start wrapping at the bottom of the cone, placing pins in as you go.  Keep wrapping until you reach the top. You have to get a little creative here to get it to neatly cover the tip.
5. Randomly place your beads around, and use your pins to hold them in place.
6. You're done!
Are you still making things for the holidays? Please tell me I am not alone!  You can find Christmas DIYs of the past here (including the sequin tree pictured above)!

~Charlie

1 comments: