Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Embroidery Hoop Ornament DIY
What I used:
Small embroidery hoops (mine are 3inches, thrifted)
Felt (whatever you have on hand)
Glue (Aleene's tacky glue works great)
How I did it:
1. Cut squares from felt that are slightly bigger than the hoop.
2. Close the hoop around the felt to create an impression.
3. Use the impression as a guide to decorate.
4. Glue your design in place, unless using ribbon or rick rack (glue at the end if needed).
5. Tighten everything in your hoop. If you're using ribbon or rick rack, make sure it hangs over so you can pull it taut as well.
6. Cut off the excess as close to the hoop as possible.
7. Add a ribbon/yarn or hook to hang and you're done!