Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Attempting My First Garden

I made it a goal for June to get everything planted in the garden.  I can now say that it is completed, including trying to grow a few things from seed.  I am so excited about growing my own food and helping to lessen our produce bill, even if it is just a little. Now... to not kill everything!

Here are more pictures of green leaves than you ever wanted/needed to see.... and one lonely pepper!
This year I planted: tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, jalapeños, chilis, green peppers and sugar snap peas.  I am attempting from seed: carrots, radishes, spinach and broccoli.

Are you growing anything this year?  Include a link if you blogged about it... I'd love to read it!

~Charlie

3 comments:

  1. It's so much fun growing plants from seed. I put mine in at the beginning of may and so far I've gotten: peppers, cucumber, zuccini, & squash. I can't wait to start getting watermelon & cantalope.

    Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well with your first gardening attempt. I love to garden, it's my favorite pasttime. Today I posted a garden update for June if you'd like to check it out. http://tobefrankblog.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/garden-update-june-2012/

    ReplyDelete