Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

For the Love of Books

I guess I got so caught up in reading the Hunger Games that I never let you know what else I have read (oops).
All book cover images via Goodreads
Evil Under the Sun
I have said this before, and I will say it again... I LOVE Agatha Christie.  In this book she really makes you think, and I didn't see the ending coming from a mile away!  She put an extra twist at the very end of this one that almost makes you want to re-read the whole thing.  I don't want to say too much and spoil it for anyone, but if you like mysteries this is a winner.

Red Tent
It is a well-written and easy to read book about Dinah, a daughter of Jacob who has a brief appearance in Genesis, but never is really given a story.  This is her fictional story.  I would have never picked this book to read if it wasn't recommended to me, but I enjoyed the book and the characters.

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
This book was just plain fun! It was really cute and intriguing enough to keep me wanting to turn the page (I read it in one day!).  I love the characters and the story line.  If you are looking for a simple, entertaining read this is it.

Angry Young Man
I read this book in two days, but never got attached to the characters or felt "in" the story.  I think the only reason I read it so fast was to see if it got better.  

Elephants Can Remember
If your son was about to marry a girl who's parents killed themselves with no explanation when she was a child, would you be the nosey, soon-to-be Mother-in-law? What can I say... Ms. Christie did it again.

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
I read this one for book club.  This book was okay for me... I know a lot of people really loved this series, but I have no "want" to read the next one.  This book didn't really intrigue me enough to want to keep reading, and if it wasn't for book club, I would have given up.

Have you read anything good lately?  I love recommendations!

~Charlie

1 comments:

  1. Hi Charlie! I am back to blogging and finally had a chance to sit down and get back to your lovely blog. This is a great list you posted because summer is just around the corner and I need some books to read. I've heard so many good things about The Red Tent. That may be my next read!

    ReplyDelete