Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kitchen Adventures: Roasted Cauliflower

I was on the hunt for different ways to prepare veggies when I came across this recipe. I used the recipe as a guideline, but as you will see I veered from the course!
You will need:
-1 Large head of cauliflower cut in to medium chunks (try to keep them similar sizes for more even cooking)
-Olive oil
-Curry powder
-Cayenne pepper
-Onion powder
-Salt 
-Minced garlic
-Cookie sheet/ Roasting pan/ large baking dish
-Large bowl
-Tin foil

1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Cut up cauliflower and place it in a large bowl.
3. Drizzle with a good amount of olive oil, making sure all pieces are covered.
4. Add the spices to your liking (feel free to add or omit what you like). Mix well, making sure you have an even coating.
5. Make an even layer on a cookie sheet and cover the pan with tin foil. Roast covered for 15 minutes (the covering of the pan isn't necessary, but I find that it helps soften and caramelize the cauliflower).  
6. Uncover the pan, and continue to roast for about 25-30 minutes.  While it is roasting, you may want to toss them around to ensure even color. 

I really enjoyed this...I ate almost the whole thing myself! To me, it tasted like baked season fries... Needless to say, I am hooked!

If you try this recipe out, let me know what you think... and if you have any other awesome ways to cook veggies, I would love to know!

~Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment