Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Kitchen Adventures: Brownies


This is my all-time favorite go to brownie recipe!  I think I have perfected the perfect gooey, not-to-cake-like brownie!  I adapted this recipe from Hershey's Chocolate Lover's Cookbook.  I'm not sure if this cookbook is still in circulation or not... I got it as a gift when I was a child, and it's always been my favorite baking book!

What you need:
1 Cup of unsalted butter
2 Cups of sugar
2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
4 Eggs
3/4 Cup of Cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 13x9 pan. ( I mean really grease- Crisco, butter, a little oil)

2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter until melted.

3. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add in eggs one at a time and mix well after each addtion.

4. Add Cocoa and mix well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until batter is smooth. (Once batter is smooth, you can add in a nut of your choice if you like- about 1/2 a cup).

5. Pour into greased pan, and shake the batter down so it is even.

6. Bake until the batter starts to pull away from edges, about 30 minutes.

7. Enjoy!!!

If you make them, let me know how you like them!

~Charlie

1 comments:

  1. i seriously almost just drooled all over my keyboard... those brownies look sooooooo delish! x

    ReplyDelete