Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

This Weekend

We went to the museum to catch The Wizard of Oz exhibit before it left. It definitely wasn't what I expected after reading about it in the guide... but we still had fun! 
No, those are not slippers that Dorothy wore, they are replicas... I still thought they were still awesome... lots of sequins there.  Oh! You could also ride the bike!! I think it was meant for kids, but I fit! :)

Since the exhibit was not what we expected and took us less than 5 minutes, we ventured on to one of my favorite things at the Museum! 
Yes, that is a circular house that resembles a spaceship.  Look at the furniture... I was always in awe of this house as a child, and my imagination still runs away with me when I see it! If you want to read more about it, click here

We ventured on to one more exhibit about furniture through the years. What's not to love about that?
I am in love with that loveseat!  It is the perfect size for a bedroom. Also, how awesome is the sewing machine? It was in a section labeled functional furniture!     

I love going to the museum...  It makes me feel like a kid again. I love to being in awe of the things they have, dreaming of all the stories the objects could tell and paying attention to all the little details.  I could be there for hours... Thank goodness we're members and don't have to do the whole thing in one day! 

~Charlie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment