Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Reading...

Have you read the Alice Mckinley books by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor?  Its starts off as a middle schooler series, something I didn't know that when I came across this book while roaming about a book store a while ago (yes in the young adult section...).
I read the back, thought the plot line was intriguing, and then realized it was part of a series.  I thought... okay, lets find the first one.  Little did I know, the first one was actually written in 1985, and you can't find it at the book store.  I was a little sad, but I let the book go and figured someday I would be able to read the series.   Did you know that there are over 20 books in the Alice series? (28 if wiki is correct). 
I finally got to read the first book on my birthday...  husband found it for me! 
 I read the book in one sitting after my birthday festivities, and now I am longing for the next one.  I wish I would have known about this series growing up.   I feel like it would have fit right in with Nancy Drew and the Baby Sitters Club.  Did you read this series growing up?

~Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment