Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Back!

I am sorry for the absence... as my husband said, I suffered an injury to my eye.  It involved an elastic exercise band and me out of commission for what seems like forever.  I do have most of my sight back, and they're saying the rest will come back when my eye decides it's ready to undilate.

My time away wasn't that much fun.  My days were spent in bed laying with my head elevated and unable to read, watch tv, drive or even move around much. Errrrr!  But my husband was a saint and would read to me,  "And Then There Were None" By Agatha Christie (amazing book - highly recommend it).  After about a week I was allowed to move around, and I could finally watch TV since it was at a distance... It wasn't until just last few days I was able to focus my eye enough to actually get crafty!


I was on an owl theme.  I embroidered this using a pattern from summer camp. I used the smallest hoop I could find... I think 10.2cm.  So I had to shrink the pattern :)

My first attempt at making a little stuffed pal. I wanted so bad to keep him, but he is off to a friend as we speak!  I used bright pink fleece and some little scraps of felt and embroidery floss.  I sewed him together by hand... after I created the pattern/template, of course.  I promised myself I would not lose all of the pattern pieces and taking some good advice from a friend, the pieces are all marked and pinned together!!

I will be back tomorrow with an amazing Tuesday Treasure!!!

~Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment