Thursday, December 12, 2013
Felt Poinsettia Wreath DIY
To make one you will need:
Foam wreath (wrapped in yarn)
Straight pins (the longer, the better)
Thick paper (to make leaf template)
To make the Center:
1. Cut a 1x12" piece of brown felt.
2. Fold it in half and glue the edge.
3. Make little cuts all the way down. Just don't cut all the way through.
4. Roll it up and glue in place.
1. Trace and cut out petals.
2. Glue them around the base until they are as full as you like.
3. Trace and cut some leaves out of green felt.
Assembling the wreath:
Use the straight pins to secure the flowers and leaves in place. I don't glue them in place because I really dislike wrapping wreaths in yarn and I like the ability to re-use the base. Feel free to glue them in place if you like!
Hang it up and you're all done! If you make one, e-mail me a picture... I would love to feature what you have created!