Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Crocheting Season

I think the cold weather is here to stay, which means I can start all the crochet projects! Last winter I got a bit burnt out and I have barely touched a hook since, but I think I am ready to get back in the game! Erika Knight's book Simple Crocheting gave me the extra boost of inspiration I needed. It is filled with wonderful projects. 

Even though I already know how to crochet, I like to ease back into pattern reading and this book makes that possible. I also enjoyed the refresher on stitches. I can never remember how to HDC... I have to look it up every darn time! 

I have also pinned some projects to my yarn board that I would like to try. I'm excited to get back to crocheting again and I think I might start with a scarf (like I do every year when the cold comes). You can see some of my past projects here.

If you have a favorite pattern you would like to share, please do!

Charlie

(Just so you know this is not a sponsored post. I am sharing this book with you because I truly enjoy it, and the link I included is just for your convenience. I feel silly saying this, but I wanted you to know that I am not trying to sell you something).

1 comments:

  1. I live in scarves all fall and winter. So I think I could easily make a new one each year. I'm in the mood to crochet too. I need to look thru my yarn colors and start something. Nothing is as soothing as crochet.

    vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete