Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pinned it: DIY Leggings

I came across the most amazing leggings fabric while poking through Jo-Ann. I bought it thinking I would never make leggings, but that it would make a beautiful scarf. When I got home, I couldn't stop thinking about how comfy the leggings would be even though I've never made them and would most likely mess up and waste this beautiful fabric (don't you love internal doubt dialogue?). Then, I threw caution to the wind (if I messed up I would only be out $7) and got to work. 

I used this tutorial to draft the pattern, and this one to guide me through sewing them together. Things came together really easily. The waistband stitching gave me some trouble, but I think I figured out what I did wrong. I also need to buy a yard and half next time. I had just enough fabric to be the perfect length, but I couldn't hem the bottom (I just finished it off with a zigzag stitch).

They're super comfy and the fabric is nice and thick. You won't be able to see the pattern on my underwear through these... you know what I'm talking about! I might jump on the legging bandwagon now because thanks to these, I just want to make all the leggings! Any tips for cute ways to wear them in public?

Charlie


0 comments:

Post a Comment