Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Needle Felted Elbow Patches DIY


After reading Elsie's Needle Felting 101 post, I knew that I had to try my hand at it.  I have always loved the way felt aplique looked... what better way to try it then by dorking up one of my beloved cardigans with elbow patches?

You will need: 
Felting Needle Tool 
Felting Needle Mat
Wool Roving
Tape
Contact paper
Ruler
Pencil
Scrap paper 
Scissors


1. Mark where you want your patches to be.  Do this by putting the sweater on and marking where your elbow hits with the tape.

2. Measure that area and create your shape. I did this by creating a rectangle and rounding the corners using my roll of tape.

3. Cut out your shape and transfer it to your contact paper, making a stencil.
4. Apply your stencil to the area that was marked with tape.
5. You are ready to begin needle felting! Click here to see the technique that Elsie used.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! If you do it, I would love to see!!!

~Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment