Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

DIY Pumpkin Garland!!

I am doing my best this year to decorate for Thanksgiving and not let myself just jump right to Christmas.  So I thought I would share a little Garland DIY with you!


What you need:
Yarn or ribbon
Felt in two colors
mini clothes pins
Scissors
Glue

1. Trace out your pumpkins and letters.  Pumpkins can be found here!!  I knew I wanted my garland to say "Give Thanks" so I traced out 10 pumpkins! Then write out all of your letters in your favorite bubble letter style! (If you want your garland to be bigger just enlarge the pumpkin pattern).

2. Cut out all of your pieces.



3. Lay them out and glue the letters to the pumpkins.  If you wanted to you could always sew them together with some embroidery floss.


4. Figure out the pumpkin spacing and cut pieces of yarn to match.

5. Clip the pumpkins to the yarn using your mini clothes pins.  You could attach them a number of ways if you don't have mini clothes pins.


6. Figure out where you can hang it and you're all done!! Enjoy decorating for Thanksgiving!  I still need to commit to a place to hang it!  It is currently on my cork board in my craft room!

~Charlie

P.S. If you do this let me know.... I would love to see your take on it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment