Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

DIY Fall Kitchen Towels!

I love decorating the house for the different seasons! So I thought I would share my latest adventure in bringing fall into the kitchen :)

1. Get kitchen towels... you can buy them, make them, or give new life to some new ones you already have.

2. Figure out what fall image you want to embroider on them.  You can download some I drew here (pumpkins, leaves and acorns), or come up with your own!! :)

3. Trace your image onto your towel.  There are a few ways to do it, they can be found here.  I just traced it with pencil using a light box.
Sorry about the pictures.... I did this late at night!

4. Start your stitching and you'll be done in no time! If you need some help on the stitching look here!

I am excited to do the other two this weekend... I am going to do the big acorn and the falling leaves... I think... I will share pictures as soon as they're done! I hope you have fun with this... If you do this, let me know I would love to see what you do!!

p.s. remember to have fun with it... mix different patterns... maybe add some embellishments!! 

~Charlie

1 comments:

  1. Great idea. I never thought of embroidering my old tea towels. Time to give them a little more life. :)

    ReplyDelete